Whether you're just starting out in ASDA or have experience holding a position at the chapter or national level,
this event will help ensure that you’re a well-rounded leader in the profession
of dentistry. Download the full schedule to see all of the sessions you can attend. For session descriptions and speaker info, download the free mobile app.
Create a Custom Schedule
There will be general sessions related to leadership skills for all attendees. Other information will be presented to smaller groups as
part of the track programming. Choose to participate in one track or a variety of tracks based on your interests. You do not need to stick to a track – if you'd prefer to sample each, you can.
- ASDA & Organized Dentistry: Everything you need to know about organized dentistry, including opportunities to take on a bigger role in national ASDA
- Career Planning & Business Leadership: Business lessons not taught in dental school, including personal finance and owning a practice, plus an overview of career options
- Advocacy, Politics & Professional Issues: Basics on dental issues, plus tips for navigating politics, policies and professional relationships
- Chapter Leadership & Management: Resources to help your chapter become more efficient and organized, plus ideas to recruit and engage your members
Opening & Closing General Session Speakers
Are you ready to think outside the box? “The Disruptive Age: Thriving in an Era of Constant Change” (presented by Luke Williams on Friday, Nov. 15) will help you challenge yourself to think differently. "Career Development and Innovative Leadership in the Social Media Age" (with Jake Greene on Sunday, Nov. 17) will send you off with tips for cleaning up your online image and help you collaborate with different personalities. Read more about the opening and closing general sessions.
Sample Attendee Experience
Before you arrive at NLC, think about how
you can get the most out of the sessions. By splitting your chapter up, you can bring more back to your chapter. Here are some suggested sessions for different attendees. These are just ideas... one of the best aspects of NLC is that you can pick and choose whatever sessions would personally benefit you the most!
Predentals and first year students:
- Finding a Great Mentor
- Putting Your Best Foot Forward
- Work-life Balance: How to Do it All
- How Dentistry's Hot Topics Impact Your Future
Second & third years:
- Avoiding Financial Pitfalls
- Licensure 101
- A Hands-on Lesson in CV Writing
- Evaluating Your Post-Grad Options
- Crafting Your Message: Being a Good Spokesperson
- Debt Management for Dental Students
- Building a Leadership Legacy
- Marketing Your Practice on a Budget
Earn CE credits from AGD for attending NLC
If you are an Academy of General Dentistry student member, you can earn up to 13.5 continuing education hours at NLC. ASDA is an approved PACE program provider by the AGD and many of the sessions at this conference apply towards your credit hours for the AGD Fellowship or Mastership awards. To earn credit, you will need to track which NLC sessions you attend using forms provided by ASDA onsite. ASDA will send the completed forms to AGD after the event. If you have any questions about earning hours, please contact Meghan Keelean, CMP, senior manager, meetings and education, at Meghan@ASDAnet.org.
Meghan Keelean, CMP, senior manager, meetings and education, or
call her at 312-587-4111.
to the National Leadership