Gold Crown Awards -
The Gold Crown Chapter Achievement Awards honor outstanding accomplishments by ASDA chapters in serving members in accordance with the Ideal Chapter criteria.
Chapter Achievement Categories
- Ideal ASDA Chapter
- Most Improved Chapter
- Rookie Chapter of the Year
- Outstanding Membership & Communications
- Outstanding Advocacy Initiatives
- Outstanding Activities
- Outstanding Fundraising
- Outstanding Predental Involvement
- Outstanding Presentation Design
- Auto-enrollment Implementation*
- Largest Membership Market Share*
*These awards will be presented at the Gold Crown Awards ceremony, but do not require an application.
Application Guidelines & Criteria
The application period for this year's awards has ended.
Judging is based on standards of excellence itemized in the award criteria. ASDA’s Ideal Award committee, which consists of members of the Council on Membership and other national leaders, will judge the entries. Winners will be recognized at the Gold Crown Ceremony held during Annual Session.
Tips for preparing a winning entry
- Download tips gathered from previous winners to help get your application started.
- Look through the gallery of past winners for examples of winning work.
- Organize your application to follow the criteria listed under each category. This makes it much easier for the review committee to evaluate.
- Use examples and photos in your entry to illustrate each category.
- Appoint a historian to build your entry year-round.
- Use numbers and facts to backup your chapter successes (How much money did you raise? How many students attended the event?).
Avoid generalizations about what usually happens.
- Include what makes your chapter stand out or unique. Don’t just say, "holds lunch-n-learns." Tell how many, how often and what types.
- Attend the session at NLC on "Running an Ideal Chapter" to get additional tips.
- Ideal ASDA applications require a short video - view last year's finalists.
Return to Gold Crown Awards
Colorado students show off their 2016 IDEAL ASDA Chapter Award onstage.