ASDA offers live and recorded webinars to help leaders run effective chapters. Programs will provide training and live demos of chapter management tools as well as idea sharing and best practices from other chapters. Webinars are free and open to all members.
Webinars are delivered via GoToWebinar software. Sessions can be viewed live through a PC or Mac or you can download the app for the iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows. Recorded sessions will be available on ASDA's YouTube channel after the presentation.
The Great Ideas Webinar - Fundraising, Sponsorship & Vendor Fairs
This virtual idea exchange held on Nov. 20 featured chapter leaders from Florida, Houston, Los Angeles and Marquette sharing unique and successful ideas related to fundraisers, vendor fairs and obtaining sponsors.
Videos are being processed and will be linked below:
- Chapter sponsorship & fundraising 101 presented by Neal Singh, Florida '17, and Alison Novakovic, Florida '17
- 5 tips for fundraising at your chapter presented by Marisa McKee, Houston '16
- Faculty and student charity auction fundraiser presented by Diana Wang, Los Angeles '17, and Ouzhan Kalantari, Los Angeles '17
- The Amazing Dental Race chapter fundraiser presented by Abraam Girgis, Marquette '16, and Pinkesh Shah, Marquette '17
The Great Ideas Webinar - Running a Chapter
This virtual idea exchange held on Aug. 28 featured chapter leaders from Colorado, Los Angeles and Marquette sharing best practices and innovative ideas related to running their chapters.
Select a topic below to watch the presentation:
- Organizing a Summer Predental Academy presented by Kyle Larsen, Colorado ’17, President-elect and Christian Piers, Colorado ’16, President
- Creation of an Advanced Standing Committee presented by Anna Chamberlain, Los Angeles ’15 and Pooyan (Ryan) Sadr Eshkevari, Los Angeles ’15, Co-Chairs, Advanced Standing Committee
- Planning an Advocacy Academy presented by Nathaniel Cook, Marquette ’16, Legislative Liaison, Andrew Welles, Marquette ’15, Council on Advocacy Chair
New Chapter Portal Online Management Tool - Watch This Recording
ASDA staff demonstrated the new online chapter portal. It allows chapters to manage their members’ data, view and download membership rosters, update chapter officers and send e-communications to members.