ASDA offers live and recorded webinars to help leaders run effective chapters. Programs will provide training and live demos of chapter management tools as well as idea sharing and best practices from other chapters. Webinars are free and open to all members.
Webinars are delivered via GoToWebinar software. Sessions can be viewed live through a PC or Mac or you can download the app for the iPhone, iPad, Android or Windows. Recorded sessions will be available on ASDA's YouTube channel after the presentation.
Learn best practices on fundraising, sponsorship and vendor fairs
Register now for ASDA’s second Great Ideas Webinar on Thursday, Nov. 20. This virtual idea exchange will focus on unique and successful ideas related to fundraisers, vendor fairs and obtaining sponsors.
Some of the ideas that chapters will present include:
- Florida’s revamped sponsorship opportunities to maximize profits and vendor experiences
- Houston’s vendor fair, loupes fair and other money-making events
- Los Angeles’ Annual Faculty and Student Charity Auction where items such as a day of scuba diving with their associate dean are bid on
- Marquette’s Amazing Race fundraiser held at the beginning of the school year.
We encourage all chapter leaders to participate. This will be a great opportunity to connect with students from different dental schools to learn new ways to raise money.
The Great Ideas Webinar
This virtual idea exchange held on Aug. 28 featured chapter leaders from Colorado, Los Angeles and Marquette sharing best practices and innovative ideas related to running their chapters.
Select a topic below to watch the presentation:
- Organizing a Summer Predental Academy presented by Kyle Larsen, Colorado ’17, President-elect and Christian Piers, Colorado ’16, President
- Creation of an Advanced Standing Committee presented by Anna Chamberlain, Los Angeles ’15 and Pooyan (Ryan) Sadr Eshkevari, Los Angeles ’15, Co-Chairs, Advanced Standing Committee
- Planning an Advocacy Academy presented by Nathaniel Cook, Marquette ’16, Legislative Liaison, Andrew Welles, Marquette ’15, Council on Advocacy Chair
We encourage all chapter leaders to participate. This will be a great opportunity to connect with students from different dental schools to learn new ways of motivating your members, hosting events and more.
New Chapter Portal Online Management Tool - Watch This Recording
ASDA staff demonstrated the new online chapter portal. It allows chapters to manage their members’ data, view and download membership rosters, update chapter officers and send e-communications to members.