Council on Communications is responsible for improving communications between ASDA’s leadership and membership by creating and disseminating information via various media channels. The council reviews content on the ASDA website and guides digital initiatives including ASDA’s social media and videos. The council acts as a resource for chapter communication efforts (e.g., chapter newsletters and websites).
Recent accomplishments of this council:
- Reviewed and commented on ASDA's website and provided feedback on content, site structure and aesthetics. Developed more than 20 new pages and improved the search engine optimization for the site. Recommended that the website have a homepage refresh in 2013 and a full redesign after the new membership database is installed.
- Brainstormed topics for videos to be used for local and national membership recruitment and engagement featuring the benefits of being involved with ASDA.
- Developed a list of webmasters from each ASDA chapter and shared resources with them to improve or enhance their website.
- Enhanced national meeting marketing with use of “leader toolkits” developed by council and shared with chapter leaders to promote the National Leadership Conference and Annual Session.
- Provided feedback that resulted in a rebrand of ASDA’s e-newsletters in January 2013.
- Judged the Gold Crown Awards related to websites and social media.
- Developed “How to Guide: Using Free Technology to Communicate with Members” and distributed it to members in January 2013.