When you join ASDA, you’re given a voice – in your education and profession – and a chance to be part of a strong network of future dentists. You’ll also have the opportunity to develop the leadership skills that will benefit you throughout your life.
The Value of Membership goes beyond what you receive in your four years of dental school. Many ASDA members meet life-long friends and professional mentors who make a positive impact on your career.
Join ASDA Today
- Click the button below to join ASDA.
- Create a member profile.
- Fill out an application and choose one of the member categories explained below.
National ASDA is recruiting for the 2016 membership year, which runs on a calendar year from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. You can join at any time between now and Aug. 31, 2016. (please note: your membership will expire Dec. 31, 2016).
Please review the Membership Policies and Terms.
Membership is organized into three categories: predoctoral, predental, and international dental student.
- You must be enrolled in and attending a CODA-accredited dental school in the U.S. or Puerto Rico, (includes foreign-trained dentists enrolled in advanced standing programs) as of Jan. 1 of the membership year for which application is being made.
- Your graduation year must be 2016-2019 to join for the 2016 year. After Sept. 8, 2015, new first-year students (2019 grads) can join for the 2016 year.
- Upon joining, you will become a member of both ASDA and the ADA and are entitled to all of the privileges of both organizations.
- Predoctoral membership dues are $80, of which $5 goes to the ADA for student membership.
- Some chapters may have additional dues.
- Click here for a list of member benefits.
- Predental membership is open to any undergraduate, high school student, or individual pursuing dentistry as a career (must reside in the United States).
- Foreign-trained dentists living in the U.S. who will be applying to dental school to become licensed in the U.S. should also choose this category.
- Predental membership dues are $63.
- View a complete list of member benefits and predental resources.
INTERNATIONAL DENTAL STUDENT
- International dental student membership is open to qualifying students currently enrolled in and attending an international dental school outside the United States and its possessions.
- You must be a predoctoral student of a dental school listed in the World Directory of Dental Schools compiled by the FDI World Federation and must have an international mailing address.
- Upon joining, members become a part of ASDA and the ADA and are entitled to all of the privileges of both organizations.
- International membership dues are $93 of which $5 goes to the ADA for international dental student membership.
- Click here for a listing of member benefits.
- Click here for resources for international or advanced standing students.
Membership Policies and Terms
- Membership runs on a calendar year (January 1 – December 31), but students can start signing up the September prior. Please apply at least 4-6 weeks prior to requiring a membership number for insurance and discounts. Benefits for the 2016 membership year begin January 1, 2016 and end December 31, 2016, although most benefits will begin immediately after payment is processed.
- Membership dues are not prorated and are non-refundable.
- ASDA shares predoctoral and international member contact information with the ADA. Occasionally, ASDA receives requests for mailing lists from dental companies to inform members of discounts and services. ASDA will permit approved companies to contact members regarding promotions. The ADA and other professional organizations may also permit companies to utilize contact information regarding promotions. If you do not wish to receive notices or promotions from commercial companies, please login to your profile and change your communications preferences.
- All credit cards are subject to approval. Insufficient payment will delay your membership. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES are given.
- As an ASDA member, you agree to abide by the ASDA Student Code of Ethics as stated in Section 8 of the Bylaws. Members of the ADA voluntarily agree to abide by the ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct and Bylaws as a condition of membership in the ADA.
- Dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes, but may be deductible as business expenses. Check with your tax advisor. 1% of your dues are not deductible because of ASDA’s lobbying activities on behalf of its members.
- ASDA membership is separate from your ADA student membership. For questions on ADA membership or benefits, contact ADA Office of Student Affairs at 800-621-8099 ext. 7470 or firstname.lastname@example.org.