Serves as the ASDA representative to the ADPAC board of directors, with full voting rights. Provides leadership in the areas of legislation and advocacy. Participates in the activities of the Council on Advocacy and the Legislative Grassroots Network (LGN).
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- ADPAC board meetings
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- National Dental Student Lobby Day 2015
- Serves as an active member of the council and performs duties as assigned by the chair.
- Chairs meetings of the council in the absence of the chair.
- Monitors the activities of ADPAC as it relates to dental student issues and advocacy; reports major actions to the council.
- Assists the chapter legislative liaisons with setting up ADPAC events and drives at their respective chapters.
- Conducts ADPAC drives at ASDA national meetings.
- Assists in the planning of National Dental Student Lobby Day in conjunction with ASDA staff.
- Reviews and updates all ADPAC content on the ASDA website.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
View all National Leadership Positions