Serves as an extern in ASDA’s central office in Chicago. Focuses on various aspects of the association’s operations including management, communications, meetings, membership and sales and marketing. Rotates between departments assisting in projects and tasks as assigned by department supervisor.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the externship.
- Must be able to participate for four consecutive weeks in Chicago.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Completes projects and tasks as assigned by executive director and/or department supervisor.
- Meets with representatives of the ADA and other dental organizations to learn about organized dentistry and share students’ perspectives with these groups.
- Serves as a resource to central office staff regarding dental student issues and concerns.
- May suggest projects to meet the needs and interests of dental students, and to develop and propose association policy, or policy revision, as needed.
- Submits a final evaluation and report.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
View all National Leadership Positions