Serves the association as the content expert in the area of communications. Manages communications between ASDA’s leadership and membership.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving on the Council on Communications is strongly preferred.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2016
View all National Leadership Positions
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Communications; reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
- Mentors council associates and prepares them to take over as chair of the Council.
- Reviews the content on the ASDA website; keeps other councils accountable for updates.
- Oversees all digital initiatives including ASDA’s website and videos.
- Develops and monitors new media initiatives with staff and oversees ASDA’s Facebook page and social media presence.
- Acts as a resource for chapter communication efforts (e.g., chapter newsletters and websites).
- Researches and/or completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned to him/her by the Board of Trustees.
- May be appointed to serve as ASDA’s representative to an ADA council.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.