Serves as a member of the Editorial Board. Focuses on issues of concern to dental students and new dentists to identify relevant article topics for ASDA's publications. Responsible for recruiting and contacting authors for publications and writing articles as needed.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below as well as participate in any conference calls deemed necessary by the chair.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Must have demonstrated qualitative journalistic experience.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- Spring Council meeting
- June Editorial Board meeting
- Fall Council meeting
View all National Leadership Positions
- Coordinates activities necessary for the acquisition of copy and reviews articles.
- Monitors national, regional and local issues relating to dental student needs and interests.
- Identifies appropriate article topics and qualified authors in order to establish a supply of copy for publication consideration.
- Writes and reviews articles and other materials as assigned.
- Collaborates with the editor-in-chief to review and develop content in publications.
- Identifies themes for issues, when appropriate.
- Develops criteria for content, authorship and number of editorials, as well as publication of letters to the editor and other opinion manuscripts.