Member of council and contributes to all assigned work. Serve at least one year as an associate with the intent to move into the position of chair of the council.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Students in the final year of dental school at the beginning of the term are not eligible.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- Conference calls as needed
- Serves as a member of the association’s councils and/or task forces.
- Performs duties as assigned by the council chair.
- May chair a council sub-committee.
- Serves as an association content expert in the field of the council assigned.
- Submits quarterly progress reports to council chair.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
View all National Leadership Positions