Serves as an extern in the ADA’s Washington, D.C. office. Introduced to the legislative process through contact with ADA lobbyists and Legislators.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the externship.
- Must be able to participate in four consecutive weeks in Washington, D.C.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Completes projects and tasks as assigned by ADA Washington office supervisor and ASDA staff liaison.
- May meet with representatives of the ADA, ADPAC, ADEA and other dental organizations to learn about organized dentistry and share students’ perspectives with these groups.
- May attend meetings with lobbyists and other health policy experts.
- Serves as a resource to the ADA regarding dental student issues and concerns.
- May suggest projects to meet the needs and interests of dental students, and to develop and propose association policy, or policy revision, as needed.
- Submits a weekly log and a final evaluation and report.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
View all National Leadership Positions