Serves as a member of the Editorial Board. Focuses on issues of concern to dental students and new dentists to identify relevant blog post topics for ASDA's blog, Mouthing Off. Responsible for recruiting and contacting bloggers and contributing content to the blog as needed.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must have experience with WordPress technology and journalism.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to maintain three posts to blog per week (every other week).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Must be able to collaborate with the other electronic editor and coordinate blog schedule.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- ASDA Annual Session 2014
- Spring council meeting
- Fall council meeting
- Exercises editorial discretion over the content of association’s blog.
- Identify appropriate blog topics and contributors and contact them for participation.
- Write and review blog posts and other materials.
- Monitor national, regional, local and global issues relating to dental student needs and interests.
- Collaborate with the other electronic editor and the editor-in-chief to review and develop collaborative materials between print and electronic media.
- Maintain regular contact with the Editorial Board and communications staff.
View all National Leadership Positions