Provides leadership and support in the areas of legislation and advocacy to ASDA chapter legislative liaisons. Participates in the activities of the Council on Advocacy and the Legislative Grassroots Network (LGN).
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Students in the final year of dental school at the beginning of the term are not eligible.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- National Dental Student Lobby Day 2015
- Outside meetings as determined
- Monitors national and state legislative activities in the area to which they are assigned.
- Communicate legislative issues to the LGN legislative liaisons.
- Report chapter legislative activities to the council.
- Serve as resource for LGN legislative liaisons on conducting grassroots activities, ADPAC membership drives, meet and greets, email campaigns and voter registration drives.
- Assists with planning National Dental Student Lobby Day.
- Educates members about the legislative process and legislation important to dental students, education and the profession.
- Researches and completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned by the board of trustees.
- Submits to Association publications and media as requested.
View all National Leadership Positions