Serves the association as content expert in the recruitment and retention of members and educates members about the value of membership in ASDA and the ADA. Provides assistance to individual chapters or trustees regarding membership recruitment and retention, suggests new member benefits and develops new resources for chapters.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving on the Council on Membership is strongly preferred.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2016
- Membership outreach initiative chapter visits and conference calls
- Predental Advisory Committee and other subcommittee conference calls
View all National Leadership Positions
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Membership; reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
- Mentors council associates and prepares them to take over as chair of the Council.
- Researches and/or completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned to him/her by the Board of Trustees.
- Assists chapters included in the membership outreach initiative and participates in all conference calls and visits to the chapters.
- Works closely with Predental Advisory Committee to increase predental members and offer additional benefits and resources for predentals.
- Participates in the planning and delivery of membership presentations at national meetings and membership outreach chapter visits.
- Works with staff to conduct member value research and member benefits assessment every two years.
- Reviews and updates Ideal Chapter Award application annually; serves as chair of the Ideal Awards Committee at Annual Session.
- Assists in developing new resources and benefits for chapters.
- May be appointed to serve as ASDA’s representative to an ADA council.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.