Serves as chair of the Board of Trustees which oversees the development and implementation of the association strategic plan and approves the annual budget. Serves as chair of the Executive Committee, which is responsible for managing association business between meetings of the Board of Trustees.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Assumes the position of immediate past president at the end of term of office.
Annual Session 2017 - Annual Session 2018
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- All Board of Trustees and Executive Committee meetings
- National Dental Student Lobby Day 2017
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- National Leadership Conference
- ASDA Annual Session 2018
- ADA annual session held during term of office
- Outside meetings as determined
- Serves as the official spokesperson for the organization.
- Chairs all meetings of the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee and presents a report at each meeting; reads all meeting materials sent in advance.
- Builds a relationship with the ADA president and president-elect.
- Attends meetings of local and state dental societies as needed.
- Communicates ASDA's goals to trustees, chairs, delegates and members.
- Mentors trustees and council chairs as assigned.
- Serves on councils and work groups as assigned.
- Serves as liaison to related allied, governmental and dental organizations and provides testimony on behalf of ASDA when called upon to do so.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
- Conducts, along with the Executive Committee, the executive director's annual performance review.
View all National Leadership Positions