Serves as chair of the board of trustees which oversees the development and implementation of the association strategic plan and approves the annual budget. Serves as chair of the executive committee, which is responsible for managing association business between meetings of the board of trustees.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Should serve at least one year in a national leadership position.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- All board of trustees and executive committee meetings
- National Dental Student Lobby Day 2014
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- National Leadership Conference 2014
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- ADA annual session held during term of office
- Outside meetings as determined
- Serves as the official spokesperson for the organization.
- Chairs all meetings of the board of trustees and executive committee and presents a report at each meeting; reads all meeting materials sent in advance.
- Maintains monthly contact with all assigned trustees and leaders.
- Builds a relationship with the ADA president and president-elect.
- Attends meetings of local and state dental societies as needed.
- Communicates ASDA's goals to trustees, chairs, delegates and dental students.
- Serves on other councils and work groups as assigned.
- Serves as liaison to related allied, governmental and dental organizations and provides testimony on behalf of ASDA when called upon to do so.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
- Conducts, along with the executive committee, the executive director's annual performance review.
- Assumes the position of immediate past president at the end of term of office.
View all National Leadership Positions