Serves the association as content expert in the recruitment and
retention of members and educates members about the value of membership
in ASDA and the ADA. Provides assistance to individual chapters or
trustees regarding membership recruitment and retention, suggests new
member benefits and develops new resources for chapters.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Experience serving on the council on professional issues is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- Outside meetings as assigned by the president
View all National Leadership Positions
- Supervises the activities of the council on professional issues; reports directly to the board of trustees.
- Mentors the council associate to prepare them to take over as chair of the council.
- Researches and/or completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned by the board of trustees.
- Serves as a resource for issues pertaining to professional ethics; acts as a liaison to the chapter ethics representative and the Student Professionalism and Ethics Association.
- Monitors the ethical issues in dental school and develops resources, such as the “White Paper on Ethics and Professionalism in Dental School.”
- Serves as a resource on multidisciplinary health professions education, as well as public health issues, health promotion and prevention programs.
- Reviews ASDA’s Code of Ethics and suggests changes to the House of Delegates as necessary.
- Reviews and updates all professional issues content on the ASDA website; submits to Council on Communications for approval.
- May be appointed to serve as ASDA’s representative to an ADA council.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.