Presides over all House of Delegates meetings and instructs delegates about parliamentary procedures. Reviews governance documents annually and serves as a resource for parliamentary procedures. Serves as an ex-officio non-voting member of the board of trustees which oversees the development and implementation of the association strategic plan and approves the annual budget. Responsible for acting on all resolutions adopted by the House of Delegates.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- All board of trustees and executive committee meetings
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- ADA annual session held during term of office
- May attend parliamentary procedure training, such as AIP Practicum
- Outside meetings as determined
- Presides over all House of Delegates meetings.
- Instructs delegates about the rules and procedures of the House of Delegates.
- Informs delegates and members of the association about the actions taken in fulfillment of the directives of the resolutions adopted by the House of Delegates.
- Determines the order of business for each House of Delegates meeting.
- Appoints and coordinates reference committees and delegate reviewers at the House of Delegates.
- Coordinates executive committee and speaker elections at annual session.
- Serves on the governance work group of the board of trustees.
- Reads all meeting materials sent in advance.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
View all National Leadership Positions