Presides over all House of Delegates meetings and informs delegates about parliamentary procedure. Serves as a non-voting member of the Board of Trustees which oversees the development and implementation of the association strategic plan and approves the annual budget. Responsible for acting on all resolutions adopted by the House of Delegates.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Annual Session 2016 - Annual Session 2017
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- All Board of Trustees meetings
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- National Leadership Conference
- ASDA Annual Session 2017
- ADA annual session held during term of office
- May attend parliamentary procedure training, such as AIP Practicum
- Presides over all House of Delegates meetings.
- Instructs delegates about the rules and procedures of the House of Delegates.
- Informs delegates and members of the association about the actions taken in fulfillment of the directives of the resolutions adopted by the House of Delegates.
- Determines the order of business for each House of Delegates meeting.
- Appoints and coordinates reference committees and delegate reviewers at the House of Delegates.
- Coordinates Executive Committee and speaker elections at annual session.
- Serves on the Governance Work Group of the Board of Trustees.
- Reads all Board meeting materials sent in advance.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
View all National Leadership Positions