Serves as a member of the Board of Trustees which oversees the development and implementation of the association strategic plan and approves the annual budget. Serves as a member of the Executive Committee, which is responsible for managing association business between meetings of the Board of Trustees. Appoints national leaders and association award winners.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Annual Session 2016 - Annual Session 2017
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- All Board of Trustees and Executive Committee meetings
- National Dental Student Lobby Day 2016
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- National Leadership Conference
- ASDA Annual Session 2017
- ADA annual session held during term of office
- Outside meetings as determined
- Serves as the official spokesperson for the organization when requested by the president.
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee and presents a report at each of these meetings.
- Reads all Board meeting materials sent in advance.
- Communicates ASDA's goals to trustees, chairs, delegates and dental students.
- Mentors trustees and council chairs as assigned.
- Serves on the ASDA councils and work groups as assigned.
- Serves as liaison to related allied, governmental and dental organizations.
- Provides testimony on behalf of ASDA when called upon to do so.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
- Conducts, along with the president, the executive director's annual performance review.
View all National Leadership Positions