Serves as a member of the board of trustees which oversees the development and implementation of the association strategic plan and approves the annual budget. Serves as a member of the executive committee, which is responsible for managing association business between meetings of the board of trustees. Appoints national leaders and association award winners.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Should serve at least one year in a national leadership position.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- All board of trustees and executive committee meetings
- National Dental Student Lobby Day 2014
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- National Leadership Conference 2014
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- ADA annual session held during term of office
- Outside meetings as determined
- Serves as the official spokesperson for the organization when requested by the president.
- Attends all meetings of the board of trustees and executive committee and presents a report at each of these meetings.
- Maintains monthly contact with all assigned trustees and leaders.
- Reads all meeting materials sent in advance.
- Communicates ASDA's goals to trustees, chairs, delegates and dental students.
- Serves on the ASDA councils and work groups as assigned.
- Serves as liaison to related allied, governmental and dental organizations
- Provides testimony on behalf of ASDA when called upon to do so.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.
- Conducts, along with the president, the executive director's annual performance review.
View all National Leadership Positions