The executive committee and speaker of the House are elected by the House of Delegates at Annual Session. District trustees are elected by delegates at their respective district caucuses at Annual Session. Appointed leaders (Editor-In-Chief, council and work group chairs, externs) are selected by the previous board of trustees. All national leaders begin their term at the commencement of Annual Session.
Onboarding & Leadership Training
All ASDA national leaders are introduced to their new role through an
onboarding program (in-person and via conference call), including:
- Overview of ASDA organizational structure, standing rules, policies and procedures
- Tips for leading a team – along with a copy of "Enhancing Committee Effectiveness"
- Position-specific training from prior year's leaders
- Resources for how to make strategic decisions
- Mentorship from ASDA staff and other leaders in organized dentistry