The board of trustees is the governing body of ASDA and is responsible for administration and management of the association. The board is comprised of voting and non-voting members. Voting members include the president, two vice presidents and 11 district trustees. Non-voting members include the speaker of the House of Delegates, editor-in-chief, immediate past president and executive director.
Onboarding & Leadership Training
All ASDA national leaders are introduced to their new role through an
onboarding program (in-person and via conference call), including:
- Overview of ASDA organizational structure, standing rules, policies and procedures
- Tips for leading a team – along with a copy of "Enhancing Committee Effectiveness"
- Position-specific training from prior year's leaders
- Resources for how to make strategic decisions
- Mentorship from ASDA staff and other leaders in organized dentistry