National Dental Student Lobby Day
April 13-14, 2015
Registration for National Dental Student Lobby Day is now open. See rates and details here.
What to expect at Lobby Day
- Learn about the issues that impact dental students
- Get training on how to lobby your lawmakers
- Develop lobbying strategies with other students
- Hear from a prominent keynote speaker
- Find out who won Legislative Liaison of the Year
- Visit with representatives and staff on Capitol Hill to lobby on behalf of dental students
- Take chapter photos on the steps of the Capitol
What past attendees have to say
"My favorite part of lobbying was having a one-on-one meeting with the House Minority Leader. We had a great dialogue regarding the three bills ASDA was supporting!"
-Lauren Kuhn, Harvard '17
"The cram sessions on politics with fantastic speakers as always. We aren't politicians and won't be. But with effective communication with our role in advocating we can truly involve ourselves in public policy! I am always so thrilled with ASDA's speaker lineup and agenda."
-Lily Wakim, Missouri-Kansas City ' 16
"My favorite part was the Texas Tuesday Coffee with Senator Ted Cruz. He made it a point to connect to us by telling us his father-in-law is a dentist and his 5-year-old just had her first cavity. He said he had a lot of respect for us and our profession because of his father-in-law. Was nice to see a senator actually wanting to connect to his constituents."
-Katie Sowa, Houston '15
Thank you to the following organizations for their support of Lobby Day:
Want to learn more about Lobby Day?
Watch this video highlighting past attendees' experiences: