The Council on Communications is responsible for improving communications between ASDA’s leadership and membership by creating and disseminating information via various media channels. The council reviews content on the ASDA website and guides digital initiatives including ASDA’s social media and videos. The council acts as a resource for chapter communication efforts (e.g., chapter newsletters and websites).
Past accomplishments of this council:
- Featured messaging on ASDAnet.org homepage re: predental recruitment and benefits; involvement in state dental associations; advocacy opportunities and resources; and educational resources about the licensure process.
- Produced four videos: “How to Write for ASDA,” “Lobby Day Recap,” “National Leadership Opportunities in ASDA” and “Mentorship 101.”
- Selected three chapters to receive the inaugural Website Grant. The council will judge future grant applicants.
- Reviewed and commented on ASDA's website and provided feedback on content, site structure and aesthetics. Developed a new webpage on ASDAnet.org called “What’s Your Leadership Path?”
- The Council on Communications and the Editorial Board recommended a membership-wide communications/readership survey and funding was approved by the board in the 2014 budget.
- Judged the Gold Crown Awards related to websites and social media.