The predental advisory committee is made up of
five predental members who provide feedback on predental student focused
initiatives. They will work closely with the predental consultant and
the council on membership to ensure that new programs and benefits properly address
the needs of predental members.
Past accomplishments of this committee:
- Assisted with efforts to increase predental membership by 27% from 2012 to 2013, which meets the strategic goal of increasing predental membership by 20% by 2014.
- Created a guide for non-traditional students.
- Provided recommendations and feedback on numerous DAT study resources which led to a contract with Crack the DAT and Chad's Videos to offer discounts to ASDA members.
- Developed a predental club toolkit to provide ideas and resources for predental clubs.
- Initiated the first Predental Week held Feb. 16-22, 2014. Over 60 predental clubs and ASDA chapters participated by organizing events during the week and they recruited 267 members to ASDA. A webinar on dental school was held and 327 students registered. An Instagram contest was held and 29 students participated.
- Reviewed and provided recommendations for all ASDA web pages focused on predentals.