There are a number of ways that you can put advocacy into action.
Ways You Can Make a Difference
- Serve as a legislative liaison at your chapter
- Hold a lunch & learn
- Organize an "Advocacy Academy" with your state dental association
- Participate in or organize a state lobby day (chapter grants may be available to help cover expenses)
- Read the Advocacy Brief
- Host a lawmaker at your chapter
- Attend ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day
- Take part in Advocacy Month with your chapter
- Share your efforts on social media using #ASDAadvocacy
- Watch our dental legislative videos on the issues facing dental students, licensure reform, how to lobby and what happens at National Dental Student Lobby Day.