The Gold Crown Chapter Achievement Awards honor outstanding accomplishments by ASDA chapters in serving members in accordance with the Ideal Chapter criteria.
Chapter Achievement Categories
- Ideal ASDA Chapter
- Most Improved Chapter
- Rookie Chapter of the Year
- Outstanding Membership Engagement
- Outstanding Advocacy Initiatives
- Outstanding Activities
- Outstanding Predental Involvement
- Auto-enrollment Implementation*
- Outstanding Wellness
- Outstanding Community Outreach
*This award will be presented at the Gold Crown Awards ceremony, but does not require an application.
Application Guidelines & Criteria
Applications must be completed online by Jan. 8, 2019. Review the guidelines & criteria before submitting. Contact Brooke Kuchuris, membership development specialist, with any questions or concerns.
Mailed in applications will not be accepted this year. Most creative application has been eliminated.
Judging is based on standards of excellence itemized in the award criteria. ASDA’s Ideal Award Committee, which consists of members of the Council on Membership and other national leaders, will judge the entries. Winners will be recognized at the Gold Crown Ceremony held during Annual Session.
Tips for preparing a winning entry
- Download tips gathered from previous winners to help get your application started.
- Look through the gallery of past winners for examples of winning work.
- Organize your application to follow the criteria listed under each category. This makes it much easier for the committee to evaluate.
- Use examples and photos in your entry to illustrate each category.
- Appoint a historian to build your entry year-round.
- Use numbers and facts to back up your chapter successes (How much money did you raise? How many students attended the event?).
Avoid generalizations about what usually happens.
- Include what makes your chapter stand out or unique. Don’t just say, "holds lunch and learns." Tell how many, how often and what types.
- Attend the NLC session on "Running an Ideal Chapter."
- Ideal ASDA applications require a short video - view some of the finalists.