The Gold Crown Chapter Achievement Awards honor outstanding accomplishments by ASDA chapters in serving members in accordance with the Ideal Chapter criteria.
Chapter Achievement Categories
- Ideal ASDA Chapter
- Most Improved Chapter
- Rookie Chapter of the Year
- Outstanding Membership Engagement
- Outstanding Advocacy Initiatives
- Outstanding Activities
- Outstanding Predental Involvement
- Auto-enrollment Implementation*
- Outstanding Wellness
- Outstanding Community Outreach
*This award will be presented at the Gold Crown Awards ceremony, but does not require an application.
Application Guidelines & Criteria
The application period will run from Oct. 8, 2019 to Jan. 6, 2020. Submissions received past the deadline will not be considered.
Please follow the guidelines exactly. Entries in violation of the guidelines will be disqualified. Contact our membership department, with any questions or concerns.
Judging is based on standards of excellence itemized in the award criteria. Winners will be announced and presented with an award at the Gold Crown Awards ceremony held during Annual Session 2020 in St. Louis.
Tips for preparing a winning entry
- Download tips gathered from previous winners to help get your application started.
- Look through the gallery of past winners for examples of winning work.
- Organize your application to follow the criteria listed under each category. This makes it much easier for the committee to evaluate.
- Use examples and photos in your entry to illustrate each category.
- Appoint a historian to build your entry year-round.
- Use numbers and facts to back up your chapter successes (How much money did you raise? How many students attended the event?).
Avoid generalizations about what usually happens.
- Include what makes your chapter stand out or unique. Don’t just say, "holds lunch and learns." Tell how many, how often and what types.
- Ideal ASDA applications require a short video - view some of the finalists.