The Gold Crown Media Awards honor excellence in chapter newsletters and websites, as well as outstanding contributions to ASDA national publications.
- Best Newsletter in Competition
- Most Improved Newsletter
- Best Chapter Blog
- Best Website in Competition
- Best Social Media Campaign
- Best Use of Chapter Video
- Editor's Choice*
- Best Feature Article*
- Best Blog Post*
*These awards will be presented at the Gold Crown Awards ceremony, but do not require an application.
Application Guidelines & Criteria
Applications must be completed online by January 8, 2019. Review the guidelines and criteria before submitting. Contact Brooke Kuchuris, membership development specialist, with any questions or concerns.
Judging is based on standards of excellence itemized in the award criteria. ASDA’s Media Award committee, which consists of members of the Council on Communications, the Editorial Board and other national leaders, will judge the entries. Winners will be recognized at the Gold Crown Ceremony held during Annual Session.
Tips for preparing a winning entry
- Look through the gallery of past winners for examples of winning work.
- Include original articles in your newsletter (not just event recaps).
- Use lots of photos in your newsletter, website and on social media.
- Make sure you have a mix of content that is informative, creative and interesting to your members.
- Engage your chapter members with social media contests.
- Survey your chapter members to make sure your website is user-friendly.
- Provide links on your website and social media to connect your chapter with national ASDA.