Dr. David Rice, founder, IgniteDDS
As a dental student and ASDA leader, your entire career rests on your ability to walk into a room, or an interview, or a networking event and make a great first impression. With that, as they say, you and I only get ONE SHOT to make that happen. Join us and learn why that is and what three skills you must know how to deliver.
- Understand the neuroscience behind every impression.
- Identify and work on the top three influencers of how they are perceived.
- Learn priming skills that guarantee first impression time goes well.
Sponsored by MedPro Group
Launch Your Career!
Heartland Dental-supported Dr. Jacob Berger
Career development and exploration start while you’re a student. Join us for this session to hear our top 5 tips for what you can start doing NOW to help you explore career paths and be career-ready at graduation.
- Learn easy-to-implement steps to set yourself up for success in your future career.
Sponsored by Heartland Dental
Avoiding the Top Five Mistakes as a New Dentist
Dr. Robert Seymour, Pacific Dental Services
Embarking on your career as a new dentist should be an exciting challenge, not a stressful one. Learn the five most common mistakes new-graduate dentists tend to make, along with some simple tips to overcome them. By knowing what obstacles to prepare for, you’ll be able to take intentional approach to set yourself up for success as a new dentist.
- Describe the top five mistakes made by new-graduate dentists.
- Discuss the best ways to overcome the most common obstacles.
- Describe the key steps to prepare for the first year as a practicing dentist.
Sponsored by Pacific Dental Services
Open Up: Dentists Share Personal Experiences
Dr. Rico Short, American Dental Association
Dr. Darwin Hayes, American Dental Association
Dr. Nipa Thakkar, Temple ’12, 2011-12 district 3 trustee
What is life really like as a dentist today? In this interactive session, a panel of ADA member dentists will share their experiences in transitioning from dental student to practicing dentist and how they evolved to where they are today. They will offer different perspectives on career paths, practice ownership, dental benefits, leadership of the dental team, student loan debt and more! Bring your questions – you don’t want to miss the chance to ask these dentists about anything that’s on your mind.
- Understand what to expect as a practicing dentist in various career stages.
- Understand the first few steps you can take after graduation.
- Learn how the ADA and organized dentistry can help with your transition.
Sponsored by the American Dental Association
Better Borrowing Skills for Dental Students
Pete Wylie, vice president, in-school lending, CommonBond
Dental school is expensive and your funding choices matter – today and tomorrow. This informative workshop will provide you with the tools needed to make the best financial choices. Understand the difference between interest rate and APR and why choosing the best loan today will impact your financial security in the future, including your ability to finance your practice loan. We know dental students have funding choices that are often confusing. This session will provide skills that will help you choose the best loans for your situation, while you are in school and after.
- Understand how student loan debt impacts your borrowing capacity as you enter your dental career.
- Gain the basic skills necessary to evaluate loan products for school and after school.
Sponsored by CommonBond
Botox® and Dermal Fillers – Are They Part of Your Future Practice?
Dr. Gigi Meinecke, FAGD, Academy of General Dentistry
Facial injectables are becoming more common in dental practice. But how do you know if they’re a good fit for you? In this program, you’ll discover what injectables (Botox® and dermal fillers) do and understand their role in the dental practice. We’ll discuss overhead costs, training essentials and whether cosmetic facial injectables interest you as a practitioner.
- Explain the differences between Botox® and dermal fillers and their applications.
- Identify the overhead costs associated with running an injectable practice.
- Identify the unique aspects and demands of an injectable practice
Sponsored by the Academy of General Dentistry
Financial Strategies for Personal Life & Private Practice
Shawn Johnson ChFC®, CLU®, CLTC, vice president sales, Treloar & Heisel
Joshua Miller, AIF®, wealth adviser, Treloar & Heisel
Learn about the important steps in the financial planning process. This interactive program will provide an overview of vital personal and professional insurance coverage, student debt repayment strategies, wealth-building strategies and historical stock market returns.
- Identify components of a financial plan.
- Understand important risk management tools for personal and professional protection.
- Recognize student loan repayment options.
- Discuss historical stock market returns and investor behavior.
Sponsored by Treloar & Heisel