Serves the association as the content expert in the area of communications. Manages communications between ASDA’s leadership and membership.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Experience serving on the council on communications is strongly preferred.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings (dates and locations are noted on the National Leader Meeting Schedule).
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position.
- Spring council and board of trustees meeting
- Fall council and board of trustees meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2015
- Outside meetings as assigned by the president
View all National Leadership Positions
- Supervises the activities of the council on communication; reports directly to the board of trustees.
- Mentors the council associate to prepare them to take over as chair of the council.
- Reviews the content on the ASDA website; keeps other councils accountable for updates.
- Becomes educated on issues of importance to the dental profession and works with staff to update sections of ASDA’s website with information pertaining to these issues.
- Oversees all digital initiatives including ASDA’s website, podcasts and videos.
- Develops and monitors new media initiatives with staff and oversees ASDA’s Facebook page and social media presence.
- Acts as a resource for chapter communication efforts (e.g., chapter newsletters and websites).
- Researches and/or completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned to him/her by the board of trustees.
- May be appointed to serve as ASDA’s representative to an ADA council.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.