Serves the association as the content expert in dental practice administration, public health, barriers to care and ethical issues in dental school and provides suggestions for resources in these areas.
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by the established deadline.
- Experience serving on the Council on Professional Issues is strongly preferred.
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2016
View all National Leadership Positions
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Professional Issues; reports directly to the Board of Trustees.
- Mentors council associates and prepares them to take over as chair of the Council.
- Researches and/or completes any project or House of Delegates resolution assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- Serves as a resource for issues pertaining to ethics; monitors the ethical issues in dental school and develops resources, such as the “White Paper on Ethics and Professionalism in Dental School.”
- Serves as a resource on multidisciplinary health professions education, as well as public health issues, health promotion and prevention programs.
- Reviews ASDA’s Code of Ethics and suggests changes to the House of Delegates as necessary.
- Reviews and updates all professional issues content on the ASDA website; submits to Council on Communications for approval.
- May be appointed to serve as ASDA’s representative to an ADA council.
- Submits a year-end continuity report.
- Submits post-meeting reports when representing ASDA at outside meetings.
- Provides content for association publications and media as requested.