Click on the states below to see the corresponding dental board and dental organization.
Each state sets its own licensure requirements. There
is no universal licensure exam (i.e. getting licensed in your state
doesn't guarantee the ability to practice in another state). ASDA's licensure map provides each state's licensing board and the dental association or society website. Review the licensure laws and regulations from the individual state board websites for real-time information about which exams are accepted where licensure is sought.
Regional Dental Licensing Exams
Delaware is the only jurisdiction that administers their own clinical exam. The remaining boards contract that responsibility to one of the five regional testing agencies:
State Licensure Spotlights
Read about how ASDA alumni recently became licensed dentists in their state. Spotlights were originally published in the Advocacy Brief e-newsletter.
- Alabama (CITA) - Dr. Ken Randall, Kentucky '12
- California (WREB) - Dr. Ian Murray, Western '13
- Colorado - Dr. Alex Barton, Virginia '13
- Connecticut (NERB) - Dr. Laura Huling, Connecticut '12
- Florida (NERB) - Dr. Becky Warnken, Marquette '13
- Georgia (CRDTS) - Dr. Kallie Law, Alabama '12
- Illinois (CRDTS) - Dr. Ben Youel, Illinois '13
- Maryland (NERB) - Dr. Chrissy Hammer, Midwestern-Arizona '13
- Michigan (NERB) - Dr. Aaron Bumann, Minnesota '13
- Minnesota - Dr. Katie Divine, Minnesota ’13
- New York (PGY-1) - Dr. Tim Calnon, Buffalo ’13
- Texas - Dr. Adam Shisler, Houston ’12