Click on the states below to see the corresponding dental board, dental organization and accepted exams.
Each state sets its own licensure requirements. There
is no universal licensure exam (i.e. getting licensed in your state
doesn't guarantee ability to practice in another state). ASDA's licensure map provides information about each state, including: the state's licensing board website, the state dental association or society, and exams accepted in that state. The information on this page is reviewed bi-monthly and updated as needed by ASDA staff. Review the licensure laws and regulations from the individual state board websites for real-time information about which exams are accepted where licensure is sought.
Only two jurisdictions administer their own clinical exams (Delaware and Virgin Islands). The remaining boards contract that responsibility to one of the five regional testing agencies:
Read about how ASDA alumni recently became licensed dentists in their state. New spotlights will be published in the Advocacy Brief e-newsletter.
- Alabama (CITA) - Dr. Ken Randall, Kentucky '12
- California (WREB) - Dr. Ian Murray, Western '13
- Colorado - Dr. Alex Barton, Virginia '13
- Florida (NERB) - Dr. Becky Warnken, Marquette '13
- Illinois (CRDTS) - Dr. Ben Youel, Illinois '13
- Maryland (NERB) - Dr. Chrissy Hammer, Midwestern-Arizona '13
- Michigan (NERB) - Dr. Aaron Bumann, Minnesota '13