The Council on Membership serves the association by assessing and developing resources that meet the needs of the members and chapters. The council provides assistance to individual chapters or trustees regarding membership recruitment and retention, recommends new member benefits and develops resources for chapters. The council contributes to the Gold Crown Award program and assists with the membership outreach initiative. The council oversees the predental advisory committee to ensure that new programs and benefits properly address the needs of predental members.
- Kathleen Gonzales, Buffalo, chair
- Katie Rothas, New York, council associate
- Amber Spurlock, Meharry, council associate
- Hilary Wong, Predental consultant
- Craig McKenzie, Pennsylvania, District 3 trustee
- Tyler Robers, Marquette, District 7 trustee
- Kris Okoskey, ASDA Staff Liaison
2017-18 Council on Membership Annual Report
- The council created a new predental recruitment campaign for predoctoral chapters, the ASDA Bracket Challenge. This tournament-style competition will run 6 weeks from March 13-April 23. Each Monday, the chapter that recruits more predentals than their competitor advances to the next round. The winning chapter will be awarded the title of ASDA National Champion and will receive $1,000.
- The council approved the first nine official predental chapters at: Brigham Young University, New York University, Ohio State University, Temple University, University of California-Los Angeles, University of Florida, University of Houston, University of North Carolina, Virginia Tech
- The Council worked with the following ASDA chapters as part of the Membership Outreach Initiative: Creighton, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Las Vegas, Maryland, Meharry, Mississippi, Missouri-Kansas City, San Antonio, San Francisco and Southern California.
- The council hosted the following webinars: “Top 10 things to look for in a job contract,” “From Bronze to Gold: Lessons from an Ideal Chapter,” "Post-Graduate Applications Through the Eyes of Program Faculty."