The Predental Advisory Committee is made up of five predental members who provide feedback on predental student focused initiatives. They will work closely with the predental consultant and the Council on Membership to ensure that new programs and benefits properly address the needs of predental members.
- Carson Smith, University of Florida, predental consultant
- Casey Gringer, Virginia Tech
- Shelley Johannesson, East Tennessee State University
- Clark Oakey, Utah Valley University
- Lauren Ann Olsen, Brigham Young University
- Hilary Wong, Northeastern University
- Danielle Bauer, ASDA Staff Liason
- The committee selected ASDA’s first nine predental chapters as part of a pilot program. These schools included: Brigham Young, Florida, Houston, NYU, Ohio State, Temple, UCLA, UNC-Chapel Hill and Virginia Tech. Each PAC member was assigned as liaison to each of the chapters. Predental chapters were created by converting existing predental clubs or by creating an additional predental organization on campus.
- Each PAC member was assigned as liaison to each of the Districts to serve as a resource for predentals within the district. District liaisons helped to funnel information from national ASDA to district predental chairs to help advertise national predental events.
- The PAC organized ASDA’s first annual “DAT Week”, July 18-22. During DAT Week, ASDA hosted two live webinars for predentals: “Ready, Set, DAT!” and “DAT Day and Beyond” on July 20. Recordings of each program are available to watch online.
- The PAC has agreed to expand Predental Week to Predental Month, to take place annually in October. This will allow predental chapters and clubs to hold their events during the month without limiting them to one week. It will also allow ASDA to hold additional and more segmented webinars for predentals over the course of the month.
- The PAC approved the ASDA Season Pass proposal of holding 7 annual paid (for non-members) webinars with topics to include: choosing the right dental school, what to expect in your first year of dental school, DAT, ADEA AADSAS, personal statements, and interviewing. These will be scheduled based on the most relevant time of year.
2016-17 Predental Advisory Committee Annual Report