The Council on Sessions plans ASDA's Annual Session. The council develops the agenda, selects speakers and determines the schedule of events.
- Jeffery Kerst, Louisiana, Vice President (Chair)
- Tanya Sue Maestas, Texas-Houston, Immediate Past President
- Samantha Lindsey, Ohio State, District 6 trustee
- Karina Valentin, WesternU, District 11 trustee
- Kerri Slezak, ASDA Staff Liason
2017-18 Committee on Sessions Annual Report
- In 2016, the Council on Sessions developed and filmed four 90-second video segments to be used as promotional tools for registered attendees. The first video is an intro to Annual Session, the second is about the elections, the third is about the House of Delegates and the last video is about networking at Annual Session. These videos will also be played during House of Delegates Business Meetings I and II on the first day of Annual Session.
- The Council on Sessions also developed a brief orientation to present during the House of Delegates Business Meeting I called “How to Make Your Meeting Magical.” This orientation is targeted toward first-time attendees. Each council member is allowed 2-3 minutes to provide professional, political, practical and personal tips that they’ve learned in their years attending Annual Session.
Note: national leaders are appointed to a one-year term on the Council on Session by the Board of Trustees. Applications are not accepted for these roles.