Council on Membership serves the association by assessing and developing resources that meet the needs of the members and chapters. The council provides assistance to individual chapters or trustees regarding membership recruitment and retention, recommends new member benefits, and develops resources for chapters. The council contributes to the Ideal ASDA Chapter Award program and assists with the low membership initiative. The council works with the predental advisory committee to develop new benefits and resources for predental students.
Recent accomplishments of this council:
- Formed a sub-committee of advanced standing students from six chapters across the United States to discuss ways ASDA can offer resources and benefits to its advanced standing members.
- Developed a seed program for new chapters that waives the annual session registration fee for a new chapter’s first and second delegates during their first academic year.
- Created the “How-to Guide on Creating Chapter Websites."
- Created on-boarding guide featuring tools and templates for chapters to use when introducing new members to ASDA.
- Developed the Membership Outreach Grant to help struggling chapters fund local events that promote membership and involvement in ASDA.
- Updated resources for chapters to recruit predental students to ASDA. Informed pre-health advisors at various universities about the benefits of ASDA and requested that they communicate that value to predental students. Ended the 2012 membership year with a 12 percent increase in predental members.