Term Length: Feb. 1, 2022 - Jan. 31, 2023 (light Editorial Board work will continue through April 30, 2023)
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates or Board of Trustees.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving on the Editorial Board is strongly preferred.
- February Editorial Meeting 2022
- Spring Council Meeting 2022
- June Editorial Board Meeting 2022
- Fall Council Meeting 2022
- National Leadership Conference 2022
- ASDA Annual Session 2023
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Some required meetings will take place in-person while others will take place virtually. You are expected to attend only the meetings listed in the bullets above. Please review the dates carefully before applying. Here is a full list of ASDA meeting dates.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
- Exercises editorial discretion over association publication content.
- Writes or delegates the writing of editorials, articles and other materials.
- Identifies themes for issues.
- Monitors national, regional and local issues relating to dental student needs and interests.
- Works closely with staff to further ASDA’s publication strategy.
- Identifies appropriate article topics and qualified authors to establish a supply of copy for publication consideration.
- Develops criteria for content, authorship and number of editorials, as well as publication of letters to the editor and other opinion manuscripts.
- Coordinates activities necessary for the acquisition of copy and reviews articles.
- Writes and edits articles and other materials as assigned.
Editorial Board management
- Supervises the activities of the Editorial Board.
- Approves all council meeting agendas and minutes.
- Mentors Editorial Board members.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new Editorial Board members.