Provides leadership and support in the areas of legislation and advocacy to ASDA chapter legislative liaisons. Participates in the activities of the Council on Advocacy and the Legislative Grassroots Network (LGN).
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings below as well as participate in any conference calls deemed necessary by the chair.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Spring Council 2018 - Lobby Day 2019
Must be able to attend each meeting noted below in order to be considered for the position. Click here for exact dates.
- Spring Council meeting
- Fall Council meeting
- ASDA Annual Session 2019
- Lobby Day 2019 (Date TBD)
- Serves as a member of the Council on Advocacy.
- Reports to the chair of the Council on Advocacy.
- Serves as the advocacy liaison within the region; provides leadership and support to the chapter and district legislative liaisons.
- Educates chapter legislative liaisons on grassroots initiatives including but not limited to ADPAC membership drives; meet and greets; Engage alerts; voter registration drives; ASDA advocacy initiatives and provides oversight to the chapter on achieving chapter goals.
- Completes projects assigned by the House of Delegates.
- Implements strategic plan initiatives assigned by the Board of Trustees.
- Works with staff to plan National Dental Student Lobby Day.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new council members.
- Communicates regularly with chapter legislative liaisons to stay up-to-date on advocacy.
- Informs district trustees and district legislative liaisons of advocacy initiatives within the region
- Maintains contact information for chapter legislative liaisons.
- Completes a year-end report
- Other duties as assigned by the chair.