Term Length: Spring Council 2023- Lobby Day 2024
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates or Board of Trustees.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving on the Council on Advocacy is strongly preferred.
Estimated Time Commitment
Estimated time commitment is 5 hours/month which includes council calls and action items. Certain months may require more time such as for Advocacy Month, Lobby Day and reviewing Legislative Grassroots Network grant applications.
Must attend and actively participate in the following meetings:
- In-person Spring Council Meeting, April 1-2, 2023
- Virtual Fall Council Meeting, September 23-24, 2023
- In-person ASDA Annual Session, Feb/March, 2024
- In-person ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day 2024
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
- Provides oversight on strategic advocacy initiatives, focusing on major implications of COVID-19 as it pertains to dental students.
Advocacy engagement strategy
- Works closely with staff to establish virtual advocacy initiatives.
- Provides advocacy resources at the chapter, district and national levels.
- Oversees Advocacy Month.
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Advocacy.
- Approves all council meeting agendas and minutes.
- Mentors Legislative Liaisons.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new council members.