Term Length: Spring Council 2021 - Lobby Day 2022
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates or Board of Trustees.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
Must attend and actively participate in the following meetings:
- Spring Council Meeting 2021
- Fall Council Meeting 2021
- ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day 2022
National leaders must be able to participate fully in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls (whether it be virtual or in-person).
Meetings with an asterisk will be conducted virtually. You are still expected to virtually attend the meetings associated with your position. Please review the dates carefully before applying.
View a list of all national meetings.
If any meetings scheduled after July 2021 are to be held in-person, leaders will be given at least 30 days’ notice. Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
- Provides oversight on strategic advocacy initiatives, focusing on major implications of COVID-19 as it pertains to dental students.
Advocacy engagement strategy
- Works closely with staff to establish virtual advocacy initiatives.
- Provides advocacy resources at the chapter, district and national levels.
- Oversees Advocacy Month.
- Serves as regional advocacy liaison to provide leadership and support to the chapter and district legislative liaisons.
- Communicates regularly with chapter legislative liaisons to provide oversight on chapter goals.
- Informs district trustees and district legislative liaisons of advocacy initiatives within region.
- Maintains contact information for chapter legislative liaisons.