It is important that chapters provide new members an introduction to ASDA and the benefits of membership. Orientation events can vary from a welcome breakfast to a lunch and learn presentation to an evening cookout, but all events should educate members on ASDA. Many chapters experience funding challenges due to strict vendor policies or administrative issues that prevent them from holding local events.
Purpose of the Grant
This grant is intended to help chapters fund virtual or in-person events that promote membership and involvement in ASDA. Up to five grants of a maximum of $500 each will be awarded to ASDA chapters based on the criteria below.
Applications for the Membership Outreach Grant are now closed.
Criteria and eligibility:
- National leaders are not eligible to apply.
- Grants are for ASDA chapter events only. Funds cannot be used to cover travel costs to national or district meetings. Funds cannot be used for alcohol.
- Funds may be used for virtual or in-person events.
- Event must be promoted as an ASDA chapter event and ASDA’s brand should be visible at the event through a banner, signs, PowerPoint slides, etc. The proposed event should be positioned to reach a majority of members and/or potential members. Grants will not be awarded for events designed for small groups (such as your chapter’s board).
- During the event, there must be designated time to introduce ASDA and present benefits of membership. Event cannot be purely social.
- Event must be held by May 15, 2022.
- Chapters receiving grants are required to submit a report one month after the event. Reports should include the date, location, number of attendees, marketing, costs and specifics of the event. This information will be used as best practices for other chapters to use. If your chapter is unable to fulfill this commitment, you may be ineligible for future grants.
Deadlines and important dates:
- Oct. 1, 2020: Applications and supporting materials are due to ASDA central office
- Nov. 1, 2020: Council on Membership will select grant winners and chapters will be notified
- May 15, 2022: Deadline for chapters to hold their events
- June 15, 2022: Reports due from all chapters who earned grants