It is important that chapters provide new members an introduction to ASDA and the benefits of membership. Orientation events can vary from a welcome breakfast to a lunch and learn presentation to an evening cookout, but all events should educate members on ASDA. Many chapters experience funding challenges due to strict vendor policies or administrative issues that prevent them from holding local events.
Purpose of the grant
These grants are intended to help struggling chapters fund local events that promote membership and involvement in ASDA. Up to five grants of a maximum of $500 each will be awarded to ASDA predoctoral chapters based on the criteria in the application.
Criteria and Eligibility
- National leaders are not eligible to apply.
- This grant is for predoctoral chapters only. Predental chapters are not eligible.
- Event must be held by Dec. 31, 2019.
- Chapters receiving grants are required to submit a report one month after the event. Reports should include the date, location, number of attendees, marketing, costs and specifics of the event. This information will be used as best practices for other chapters to use. If your chapter is unable to fulfill this commitment, you may be ineligible for future grants.
Submitting an application
Applications for 2019 have been reviewed and rewarded. Thank you to all chapters who applied.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Dec. 31, 2019: Deadline for chapters to hold their events
- Jan. 31, 2020: Reports due from all chapters who earned grants
2019 Grant Recipients
- Las Vegas
- New York
- San Francisco