ASDA introduces students to organized dentistry and provides opportunities to develop leadership skills. ASDA national leaders have gone on to serve on ADA’s New Dentist Committee, state and local societies and as presenters at ASDA, ADA and Academy of General Dentistry national meetings.
The current application cycle for 2018-19 leaders has closed.
Questions about the application process? Please contact:
Keely O'Sullivan Kurtz, advocacy and policy manager
If you don't have your login or password, contact ASDA's membership department for assistance.
Meeting Attendance Requirements
National leaders must be able to attend each meeting listed in their position description. Applicants who can not attend all required meetings will not be considered - no exceptions. Please review this carefully before applying. View a list of national meetings. Funding is provided for required meetings and includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
Orientation & Leadership Training
ASDA national leaders are introduced to their new role through an orientation program (in-person and via conference calls), including:
- Overview of ASDA organizational structure, standing rules, policies and procedures
- Training on how to become an effective team member
- Position-specific training from prior year's leaders
- Resources for how to make strategic decisions and manage conflict
- Mentorship from ASDA staff and other leaders in organized dentistry