Wellness is a priority for ASDA. To help chapters expand their wellness programming, ASDA is collaborating with Great-West Financial to provide financial support for wellness to ASDA chapters.
Purpose of the Grant
This grant is intended to help increase member participation in virtual or in-person wellness-related activities and programs. This year we will be able to fund a maximum of 10 chapters up to $500 each. The application must be submitted with supporting materials by Oct. 1, 2020.
Applications for the Chapter Wellness Grant are now closed.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Only chapter officers may apply on behalf of their chapter.
- Funds may be used for virtual or in-person events.
- Grant money must be used to subsidize a wellness event that takes place no later than May 15, 2022. Grant money is intended to enhance experiences. Special consideration will be made for applications that highlight community building.
- As Great-West Financial is the sponsor of this grant, grant recipients must agree to inform their chapter members of the opportunity to register for no-cost ADA-sponsored Student Members Disability Insurance quarterly for 1 year
- Grant recipients agree to submit a report by June 15, 2022. Reports must include the number of attendees, detailed use of grant funds, at least two photos that meet ASDA guidelines and 1-2 student testimonials about the event. Please note, the reports will be posted on www.asdanet.org exactly as they are received. If your chapter(s) is unable to fulfill this commitment, you may be ineligible for future grants.
- Chapters will be selected based on their financial need, as well as a clear vision and rationale for the use of the grant funds. Previous recipients may apply.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Oct. 1, 2020: Applications due to ASDA Central Office
- Nov. 1, 2020: Grant recipients notified
- May 15, 2022: Deadline to host wellness event
- June 15, 2022: Recipient reports due
Please contact Kerri Delaney, education and program manager, with any questions.
ASDA’s wellness grants are generously supported by Great-West Financial.