Many chapters do not have the resources or funds to establish their own wellness programs, in addition to other regular chapter activities. Wellness promotion is a priority for ASDA, so to help chapters expand their wellness programming, ASDA is introducing a chapter wellness grant. The grant is generously supported by the ADA student members insurance plans underwritten by Great-West Financial.
Purpose of the Grant
This grant is intended to help increase member participation in wellness-related activities and programs at the chapter level. Up to eight grants of $250 will be distributed to chapters to host a wellness-themed event during Wellness Month (September 2017).
Criteria and Eligibility
- National leaders are not eligible to apply. Requests must be submitted by current ASDA members.
- Grant money must be used to subsidize a wellness event that takes place during Wellness Month. Grant money is intended for, but not limited to:
- Fees to hire wellness expert, workout leader or other presenter
- Rental of space (hall for lunch and learn, workout class, etc.) or equipment (sports gear, etc.)
- Purchase of healthy snacks, fruit, other food for the event
- Purchase of wellness-related giveaway or promotional items for students ( e.g. pedometer, FitBit, etc.)
- Chapters that receive grants must hold a wellness-related event during Wellness Month. Suggestions for event types can be found in the wellness how-to guide.
- Grant recipients are required to submit a report within 60 days of their event. Reports should include the date, location, number of attendees, marketing, costs and event specifics. Photos are encouraged. This information will be used as best practices for other chapters to reference. If your chapter(s) is unable to fulfill this commitment, you may be ineligible for future grants.
- Chapters will be selected based on their financial need, as well as a clear vision and rationale for the use of the grant funds.
Submitting an application
The application period for this grant has closed. Recipients will be notified by Aug. 14 if they have received a grant.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- July 27, 2017: Applications due to ASDA headquarters.
- August 14, 2017: Grant recipients will be notified.
August 18, 2017: Grant checks distributed
September 2017: Wellness Month. All events must take place in September.
November 30, 2017: Grantee reports due