Wellness is a priority for ASDA. To help ASDA chapters expand their wellness programming, we’re providing financial support to chapters for their wellness events.
Purpose of the Grant
This grant is intended to help increase member participation at in-person wellness-related activities and programs. This year, we will be able to fund a maximum of 10 chapters up to $500 each.
The Chapter Wellness Grant opens August 1, 2021 and closes October 1, 2021.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Grant applications should be for in-person events that follow all school, city and state safety guidelines. Applications for virtual events will not be considered.
- Only chapter officers may apply on behalf of their chapter.
- Grant funding must be used to subsidize a wellness event that takes place no later than July 15, 2022.
- Grant recipients agree to submit a report by July 15, 2022. Reports must include the number of attendees, detailed use of grant funds, at least two photos that meet ASDA guidelines and 1-2 student testimonials about the event.
- Reports will be posted on ASDAnet.org exactly as they are received.
- If your chapter(s) is unable to fulfill this commitment, you may be ineligible for future grants.
- Chapters will be selected based on financial need and clarity of the vision and rationale for the use of the grant funds. Special consideration will be made for applications that highlight community building.
- Previous recipients may apply.
- Recipients of a 2020 Chapter Wellness Grant have until May 15, 2022 to hold their event. As such, if these recipients reapply for the 2021 grant, they will be considered after other applicants
Submitting an application
Applications open August 1, 2021 and must be submitted with supporting materials no later than Oct. 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
Submit your application here.
Dates and important deadlines
- October 1, 2021: Applications are due.
- November 1, 2021: Council on Communications will select grant winners. Recipients will be notified at a later date.
- July 15, 2022: Deadline to hold event. Event report and photos due.
Chapter winners must abide by the above deadlines or may be subject to funds revocation.
Contact Kerri Delaney, education and program manager.