Oral hygiene education and preventive dental care are effective and inexpensive ways to improve the quality of a patient’s life. Dental schools and dental students have the unique ability to serve their community, including traditionally underserved populations. This grant is generously supported by Colgate.
Purpose of the Grant
This $500 grant is awarded to five chapters. It is intended to support ASDA chapters in coordinating a program or event that focuses on prevention of dental disease and/or promotion of oral health for any underserved population within the community.
The Dentistry in the Community Grant opens August 1, 2021 and closes October 1, 2021.
Criteria and eligibility:
- Grant applications should be for in-person events that follow all school, city and state safety guidelines. Applications for virtual events will not be considered.
- Grants must subsidize a program or event that focuses on oral health education, prevention of dental disease and/or promotion of oral health.
- Participants must follow ASDA’s policy on Dental Outreach Programs (B-8).
- Only one (1) entry per chapter is permitted.
- The application organizer cannot be a national leader.
- Previous recipients may apply. Recipients of a 2020 Dentistry in the Community Grant have until May 15, 2022 to hold their event. As such, if these recipients re-apply for the 2021 grant, they will be considered after other applicants.
- As Colgate is the sponsor of this grant, we encourage you to take advantage of their free oral health supply donation by completing this form.
Submitting an application
Applications open August 1, 2021.
Deadlines and important dates:
- October 1, 2021: Applications are due.
- November 1, 2021: Council on Professional Issues will select grant winners. Recipients will be notified at a later date.
July 15, 2022: Deadline to hold event. Event report and photos due.
Chapter winners must abide by the above deadlines or may be subject to funds revocation.
Contact Robin Lieberman
, advocacy senior coordinator.