Oral hygiene education and preventive dental care are effective and inexpensive ways to improve the quality of a patient’s life. Dental schools and dental students have the unique ability to serve their community, including traditionally underserved populations. This grant is generously supported by Colgate.
Purpose of the Grant
This $500 grant is awarded to five chapters. It is intended to support ASDA chapters in coordinating a program or event that focuses on prevention of dental disease and/or promotion of oral health for any underserved population within the community.
Applications for the 2022 Dentistry in the Community Grant:
Open on August 1, 2022; close on September 30, 2022 at 11:59pm CT.
Criteria and eligibility
Submitting an application
Submit your application
- Grant applications should be for in-person events that follow all school, city and state safety guidelines. Applications for virtual events will not be considered.
- Grants must subsidize a program or event that focuses on oral health education, prevention of dental disease and/or promotion of oral health.
- Participants must follow ASDA’s policy on Dental Outreach Programs (B-8).
- Only one (1) entry per chapter is permitted.
- The application organizer cannot be a national leader.
- As Colgate is the sponsor of this grant, we encourage you to take advantage of their free oral health supply donation by completing this form.
by September 30, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Deadlines and important dates:
- September 30, 2022: Applications are due.
- November 1, 2022: Council on Professional Issues will select grant winners. Recipients will be notified at a later date.
July 15, 2023: Deadline to hold event. Event report and photos due.
Chapter winners must abide by the above deadlines or may be subject to funds revocation.
Contact Robin Lieberman, advocacy senior coordinator.