We are excited to announce a new national award: the Excellence in Leadership Award.
Taking the place of the Rising and Distinguished Leader Awards, the Excellence in Leadership Award recognizes a dental student that has made significant contributions in leadership to ASDA and organized dentistry. This award reflects ASDA’s vision of advancing the dental profession by developing exemplary leaders who demonstrate the core values of passion, community, engagement and integrity. This award also recognizes an individual who has led their chapter through challenging and unique circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The winner of this award will be highlighted in a video message broadcast to all ASDA members.
- Must be nominated by a peer.
- One nomination per chapter is permitted.
- The recipient may be any predoctoral ASDA member, aside from current and past national leaders.
Nominators will answer the following prompts:
- A brief explanation of why this person deserves recognition for their contributions to their chapter.
- Chapter-level or district-level positions this student holds/has held within ASDA and accomplishments associated with each position.
- Examples of how this student demonstrates ASDA’s core values of passion, community, engagement and integrity.
- Examples of how this student has inspired others within the chapter.
- Examples of how the student has responded with creative and engaging opportunities for others during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To submit a nomination, work with your chapter leaders. All nominations are due September 30, 2020.
Questions? Contact Robin Lieberman, advocacy and policy coordinator.