Have an idea for an advocacy event? The LGN Special Event Grant is available to help you plan the advocacy event that works best for your chapter or region. Whether you want to coordinate a state lobby day, implement an advocacy academy or create a new virtual advocacy event, this grant is available to encourage any and all advocacy events at the local level.
Purpose of the Grant
The Legislative Grassroots Network (LGN) Event grant opens August 1, 2021 and closes October 1, 2021.
This grant is intended to support advocacy efforts at the local level. A maximum of $500 will be awarded per grant submission, and up to six grants will be awarded.
Criteria and eligibility
- Grant applications should be for in-person events that follow all school, city and state safety guidelines. Applications for virtual events will not be considered.
- Grants must subsidize advocacy efforts at the localvi level.
- Only one (1) entry per chapter is permitted. Chapters may submit a joint application with another chapter.
- The application organizer cannot be a national leader.
- Previous recipients may apply. Recipients of a 2020 LGN Grant have until May 15, 2022 to hold their event. As such, if these recipients re-apply for the 2021 grant, they will be considered after other applicants
Submitting an application
Make sure you submit your application by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on October 1, 2021.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- Oct. 1, 2021: Applications are due.
- Nov. 1, 2021: Council on Advocacy will select grant winners. Recipients will be notified at a later date.
- July 15, 2022: Deadline to hold advocacy event.
Contact Robin Lieberman, advocacy senior coordinator.