ASDA is recruiting for the 2022 membership year, which runs on a calendar year from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31. You can join at any time between September 9, 2021 and July 31, 2022. (Please note: your membership will expire Dec. 31, 2022 no matter what date you purchase it.)
Please review the Membership Policies and Terms at the bottom of this page.
Membership is organized into three categories: predoctoral, predental and international dental student.
- Predental membership is open to any undergraduate, high school student or individual pursuing dentistry as a career (must reside in the United States).
- Foreign-trained dentists living in the U.S. who will be applying to dental school to become licensed in the U.S. should also choose this category.
- Predental membership dues are $71.
- View a complete list of member benefits.
International Dental Student
- International dental student membership is available to dental students currently enrolled in a dental school outside the United States and its possessions that is listed in the World Directory of Dental Schools compiled by the FDI World Federation.
- Upon joining, students become members of ASDA and international student members of the ADA, and are entitled to the privileges of both organizations.
- International membership dues are $101 of which $5 goes to the ADA for international dental student membership.
- View a listing of member benefits.
- View resources for international or advanced standing students.
Membership Policies and Terms
- Membership runs on a calendar year (January 1 – December 31.) No matter when the membership is purchased it will expire December 31. Students can start signing up the September prior. Please apply at least 4-6 weeks prior to requiring a membership number for insurance and discounts. Benefits for the 2022 membership year begin January 1, 2022 and end December 31, 2022, although most benefits will begin immediately after payment is processed.
- Membership dues are not prorated and are non-refundable.
- ASDA shares predoctoral and international member contact information with the ADA. Occasionally, ASDA receives requests for mailing lists from dental companies to inform members of discounts and services. ASDA will permit approved companies to contact members regarding promotions. If you do not wish to receive notices or promotions from commercial companies, please login to your profile and change your communications preferences. The ADA may also permit companies to send promotions to members. Please contact ADA Office of Student Affairs to remove your name from their mailing list.
- All credit cards are subject to approval. Insufficient payment will delay your membership. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES are given.
- As an ASDA member, you agree to abide by the ASDA Student Code of Ethics as stated in Section 3 of the Bylaws. Members of the ADA voluntarily agree to abide by the ADA Principles of Ethics and Code of Professional Conduct and Bylaws as a condition of membership in the ADA.
- Dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal tax purposes, but may be deductible as business expenses. Check with your tax advisor. 1% of your dues are not deductible because of ASDA’s lobbying activities on behalf of its members.
- ASDA membership is separate from your ADA student membership. For questions on ADA membership or benefits, contact ADA Office of Student Affairs at 800-621-8099 ext. 7470.