Annual Session 2020 - Annual Session 2021
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Should serve at least one year in a national leadership position.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Assumes the position of immediate past president at the end of term of office.
Must attend and actively participate in the following meetings (click here for exact dates
- ASDA Annual Sessions, 2020 (if elected, must attend 8-10 a.m. board meeting on March 8, 2020) and 2021
- All Board of Trustees and Executive Committee Meetings
- ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day 2020
- Spring Council Meeting 2020
- Fall Council Meeting 2020
- ADA Annual Session 2020
- National Leadership Conference 2020
- Outside meetings as determined
- Monitors strategic plan goals.
- Chairs all meetings of the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee.
- Approves association budget.
- Reviews quarterly financial reports and monitors progress.
Council and committee oversight
- Mentors trustees and council chairs as assigned.
- Serves on councils and committees as assigned.
- Monitors the work of councils and committees.
- Approves new council or committee initiatives.
- Appoints national leaders and other leadership positions as necessary.
Strategic relationships oversight
- Builds relationships with leaders in organized dentistry.
- Serves as official ASDA spokesperson.
- Serves as liaison to related allied, governmental and dental organizations and provides testimony on behalf of ASDA when called upon to do so.
- Communicates ASDA's goals to trustees, chairs, delegates and members.
- Conducts, along with the Executive Committee, the executive director's annual performance review.