Term Length: Annual Session 2022 - Annual Session 2023
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Experience serving in another leadership position is strongly preferred.
- ASDA Annual Sessions, 2022 and 2023
- All Board of Trustees and Executive Committee Meetings
- ADA Dentist and Student Lobby Day 2022
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees Meeting 2022
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees Meeting 2022
- ADA Annual Session 2022
- National Leadership Conference 2022
- Outside meetings as determined
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Some required meetings will take place in-person while others will take place virtually. You are expected to attend only the meetings listed in the bullets above. Please review the dates carefully before applying. Here is a full list of ASDA meeting dates.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
- Monitors strategic plan goals.
- Approves association budget.
- Reviews quarterly financial reports and monitors progress.
Council and committee oversight
- Mentors trustees and council chairs as assigned.
- Serves on councils and committees as assigned.
- Monitors the work of councils and committees.
- Approves new council or committee initiatives.
- Appoints national leaders and other leadership positions as necessary.
Strategic relationships oversight
- Builds relationships with leaders in organized dentistry.
- Serves as official ASDA spokesperson when requested by the president.
- Serves as liaison to related allied, governmental and dental organizations and provides testimony on behalf of ASDA when called upon to do so by the president.
- Communicates ASDA's goals to trustees, chairs, delegates and members.
- Conducts, along with the Executive Committee, the executive director's annual performance review.