Term Length: Annual Session 2022 - Annual Session 2023
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates or Board of Trustees.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Must have access to video editing software. This will not be provided by ASDA.
- Experience serving on the Council on Communications is strongly preferred
Must attend and actively participate in the following meetings:
- Spring Council Meeting 2022
- Fall Council Meeting 2022
- ASDA Annual Session 2023
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Some required meetings will take place in-person while others will take place virtually. You are expected to attend only the meetings listed in the bullets above. Please review the dates carefully before applying. Here is a full list of ASDA meeting dates.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
Digital initiatives strategy
- Works closely with staff to promote ASDA initiatives via social media videos
- Acts as a resource for chapter communication efforts (e.g., chapter newsletters and websites).
- Creates 3-5 short videos to be posted on social media throughout the term.
- Reviews and approves all videos produced by council associates and video production managers.
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Communications.
- Approves all council meeting agendas and minutes.
- Mentors council associates.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new council members.