Term Length: Annual Session 2023 - Annual Session 2024
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates or Board of Trustees.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- Must have access to video editing software. This will not be provided by ASDA.
- Experience serving on the Council on Communications is strongly preferred
Estimated Time Commitment
Estimated time commitment is 4 hours/month which includes council calls and action items. Certain months may require additional time like Pride Month and reviewing wellness grant applications.
Must attend and actively participate in the following meetings:
- In-person Spring Council Meeting, April 1-2, 2023
- Virtual Fall Council Meeting, September 23-24, 2023
- In-person ASDA Annual Session, Feb/March, 2024
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
Digital initiatives strategy
- Works closely with staff to promote ASDA initiatives via social media videos
- Acts as a resource for chapter communication efforts (e.g., chapter newsletters and websites).
- Creates 3-5 short videos to be posted on social media throughout the term.
- Reviews and approves all videos produced by council associates and video production managers.
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Communications.
- Approves all council meeting agendas and minutes.
- Mentors council associates.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new council members.