Many ASDA chapters host “Lunch and Learn” events, where a speaker presents detailed information about products, services or information while the audience enjoys lunch with peers and exposure to new resources or ideas.
Find information on ASDA’s Lunch and Learn policy, and the benefits to hosting a lunch and learn on this page. Need assistance in working with school administration? Be sure to check out ASDA’s Chapter Leadership Toolbox.
ASDA’s E-10 Freedom to Invite Vendors/Speakers Policy states: “The American Student Dental Association encourages the administrators of all U.S. CODA-accredited dental schools to grant ASDA leaders the autonomy to select and invite dental supply companies and speakers to visit their school and implement programming in order to heighten their knowledge and broaden their exposure to dental products prior to venturing into dental practice.”
Benefits of Hosting a Lunch and Learn
- Provide a safe environment for students to ask questions, analyze products, and make connections within organized dentistry.
- Gain insight into the business aspect and life of a practicing dentist.
- Offer networking opportunities for residencies or job placement.
- Serve as a method to engage current members and potential ASDA members.
- Learn about a topic relevant to dental students and their future.
Download a sample vendor representative agreement