Term Length: Annual Session 2023 - Annual Session 2024
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates or Board of Trustees.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by the established deadline.
- Experience serving on the Council on Professional Issues is strongly preferred.
Estimated Time Commitment
Estimated time commitment is 4 hours/month which includes council calls and action items. Certain months may require more time such as planning for Week of Service, reviewing Dentistry in the Community Grant applications, and reviewing Community Builder of the Year nominations.
Must attend and actively participate in the following meetings:
- In-person Spring Council Meeting, April 1-2, 2023
- Virtual Fall Council Meeting, September 23-24, 2023
- In-person ASDA Annual Session, Feb/March, 2024
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
Community outreach strategy
- Bridges the gap between local, district and national community engagement or outreach leaders
- Develops resources for chapters to utilize for community engagement or outreach initiatives
- Works closely with staff to establish annual community outreach objectives.
- Supervises the activities of the Council on Professional Issues.
- Approves all council meeting agendas and minutes.
- Mentors council associates.
- Assists with orientation and transition of new council members.