Annual Session 2021 - Annual Session 2022
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- ASDA Annual Sessions, 2021 and 2022
- All Board of Trustees Meetings
- Spring Council and Board of Trustees Meeting 2021
- Fall Council and Board of Trustees Meeting 2021
- National Leadership Conference 2021
National leaders must be able to participate fully in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls (whether it be virtual or in-person).
Meetings with an asterisk will be conducted virtually. You are still expected to virtually attend the meetings associated with your position. Please review the dates carefully before applying.
View a list of all national meetings.
If any meetings scheduled after July 2021 are to be held in-person, leaders will be given at least 30 days’ notice. Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
- Monitors ASDA strategic plan goals.
- Relays dental student issues or concerns from district.
- Builds relationships with leaders in organized dentistry.
- Approves association budget.
- Reviews quarterly financial reports and monitors progress.
Council and committee oversight
- Serves on councils and committees as assigned.
- Monitors the work of councils and committees.
- Approves new council or committee initiatives.
- Appoints national leaders.
- Communicates national ASDA strategic goals, initiatives, resources and news.
- Serves as district chair and conducts election for successor.
- Creates and manages district cabinet.
- Executes a district meeting.
- Maintains district governing documents.
- May attend chapter meetings or conference calls to support chapters as needed.
- Prepares chapter members for national ASDA meetings.
- Mentors potential leaders.
- Assists with predental recruiting efforts and initiatives.