Term Length: Annual Session 2023 - Annual Session 2024
- Must be an active predoctoral member at the time of application and throughout the term of office.
- Must be able to attend all required meetings listed below and conference calls when necessary.
- Will complete projects or resolutions assigned by the House of Delegates.
- Must be able to complete assignments and responsibilities by established deadlines.
- In-person ASDA Annual Session, February 17-19, 2023
- In-person ASDA Annual Session, Feb/March, 2024
- All Board of Trustees Meetings
- March 4, 2023 in-person Board of Trustees Orientation (Washington, D.C.)
- March 5, 2023 in-person Joint ADA and ASDA Board of Trustees Meeting (Washington, D.C.)
- July 15-16, 2023 Board of Trustees meeting (virtual)
- January 2024 Board of Trustees meeting (in-person)
- In-person Spring Council and Board of Trustees Meeting, April 1-2, 2023
- Virtual Fall Council and Board of Trustees meeting, September 23-24, 2023
- October 7-10, 2023 in-person ADA Annual Session (Orlando, FL)
- In-person National Leadership Conference, October 20-22, 2023
National leaders must participate fully (whether it be virtual or in-person) in council business via email, meet deadlines, and attend all council calls.
Funding for required in-person meetings includes: transportation to/from meetings, meals, hotel accommodations, a per diem based on the length of the meeting and reimbursement for baggage fees.
- Monitors ASDA strategic plan goals.
- Relays dental student issues or concerns from district.
- Builds relationships with leaders in organized dentistry.
- Approves association budget.
- Reviews quarterly financial reports and monitors progress.
Council and committee oversight
- Serves on councils and committees as assigned.
- Monitors the work of councils and committees.
- Approves new council or committee initiatives.
- Appoints national leaders.
- Communicates national ASDA strategic goals, initiatives, resources and news.
- Serves as district chair and conducts election for successor.
- Creates and manages district cabinet.
- Executes a district meeting.
- Maintains district governing documents.
- May attend chapter meetings or conference calls to support chapters as needed.
- Prepares chapter members for national ASDA meetings.
- Mentors potential leaders.
- Assists with predental recruiting efforts and initiatives.