Resolved, that the Standing Rules of the House of Delegates, Section 1. Officers A. Speaker of the House be amended to read as follows:
In addition to duties indicated by the Bylaws, the speaker of the House serves as a non- voting member of the House of Delegates and performs the following tasks:
- Instructs delegates about the rules and procedures of the House of Delegates
- Conducts an annual review of House of Delegates procedures and information and recommends revision as necessary and appropriate
- Informs delegates and Association members of the actions taken in fulfillment of the directives of adopted resolutions
- Manages delegate reviewers and reference committees at annual session
- Attends other meetings as assigned to guide delegates in preparation of resolutions for consideration at the next House of Delegates meeting and to conduct training for delegates
As chair of the House of Delegates, the speaker presides over all House meetings. The speaker has the authority to rule on the operation of the House and all business before the House, subject to an appeal that must be approved by a majority vote of the Delegates.